ANCILLARY EQUIPMENTBitumen Storage Systems
Bitumen tank farms and heating systems for use with asphalt plants.
Parker has many years experience in the supply of bitumen storage, heating and delivery systems associated with the use of hot mix asphalt plants used in a wide range of applications and site conditions around the world. Now we bring additional expertise from the established and well respected Cartem brand of products to the lineup of equipment on offer. An extensive list of both vertical and horizontal tanks, heated either electrically or by hot oil circulation, are available with a variety of options.
Vertical Storage Tanks
Being the preferred type of tank storage in locations where site area is at a premium the tanks are usually electrically heated. The bitumen temperature and tank content levels can be continually monitored, adjusted and operated from the remote asphalt plant control function and in keeping with the latest health and safety regulations, alarm warnings for high temperature and overfill functions are now installed as standard.
- Tank capacities from 30 to 150 m³ are available.
- Vertical storage can be configured with different levels of insulation, tank maintenance access, stirrers and agitation equipment are just a few of the options available.
- To reduce ever increasing energy costs, a range of electrically heated high efficiency vertical tanks are available conforming to RBA best practice design which include no less than 300mm thickness of insulation with energy consumption further minimized by the use of progressive heating control.
Horizontal Storage Tanks
Being easier for transportation and requiring usually only a single crane to install, horizontal hot oil heated horizontal tanks are generally the preferred tanks supplied into the export market.
- Tank capacities from from 30 to 60 m³ are available.
- Fitted with integral heat transfer coils and automatic temperature control valves.
- Horizontal storage can be configured with different levels of insulation, tank maintenance access, stirrers and agitation equipment are just a few of the options available.
Thermal Oil Heaters
In addition to electric heating systems, a range of high efficiency, fully automatic hot oil heaters is available to provide the heating source for both the storage tanks and the bitumen pump and delivery pipework.
Heating capacities of 300,000 to 800,000 kCal/h are available.